What can be more delightful then to bake crusty, healthy and delicious fresh bread at home, and it is further idyllic when you bake it with acquiring the impeccable techniques and tips to attain flawless results. The bread baking education is mandatory not only for the newbies but also for everybody who desire stress free baking process and consistent outcomes.
How to prepare a perfect loaf?
- Initially it is significant to focus that the flour to be of superior quality. Different bread type requires different type of flour. The quantity taken also differs in making different breads.
- Mix the dry ingredients first with flour and then the wet components so that they merge well.
- Use fresh ingredients for the soft spongy loaf.
- Yeast should be wrecked with fork when using fresh. Mark, it is ready to use when the bubbles sprout.
- Measure exact quantity of components. Specially flat the spoon when quantifying flour. Remember its not cooking, it’s baking where you require exact amount.
- Dissolve the yeast properly avoiding any bulginess. Yeast dissolved should be in warm water for it to activate properly. Too much cold and extreme hot water will stop yeast from rising properly.
- Prefer warm kitchen environment for the finest baked bread.
- When proofing bread use damp clothe instead of an airtight jar to outflow yeast gases.
How to assess your dough is ready?
- Knead dough adequate enough that it does not stick on hand too much. If gluing then add diminutive amount of flour slowly and maintain a check. If it is too stiff then add little warm milk or warm water until it texture like a smooth lax round ball.
- Identify if the dough is kneaded enough or more is required. Check the elasticity by cutting a piece of it and stretching the dough. The correctly kneaded dough will stretch but will not slit down simply.
- To define the levitating of yeast in the dough put a stick two inch deep inside the dough. If the pit closes down indicate there is still time left for the yeast to rise. If they don’t then the dough is ready for the next process.
- After proofing it is important to check is the dough all prepared to bake? The simple tip is to mark your fingerprint on the loaf. If the mark is left then it is completely prepared for the oven.
How to bake perfect bread?
- Always keep the oven temperature in check. For this the finest tip is to use an infrared temperature check gun for the accurate result. Alternatively you can use a conventional thermometer.
- Keep examining the temperature through out baking.
- Afore you keep the loaf into oven brush it up with egg wash or milk to avoid excess baking and burning of crust.
- If the bread is raw from inside and the crust is over baked then fold the loaf into aluminum foil and keep it back in to oven for further complete baking.
- Knock the loaf container to figure out if the bread is done. The echo effect will indicate it is ready to take out.
- Allow it to cool down on a room temperature. Do not cut before it cools completely to avoid chewy, wet taste.
- Saw the bread with the sharp jagged knife with a mild slicing gesture for cutting for the best toasts.
Tips to bake using different components?
- Use mineral water instead of plain not boiled water. Under ground water is chalky that abolish the components in flour results in low escalating of bread. Mild sour water will grow yeast fine for the superlative rising.
- There are many spices and ingredients you should learn about that will hinder the quality of your bread such as garlic that can disturb yeast rising and cinnamon that breaks the shape of bread.
- When using eggs in baking bread, do not put them in directly. Blend them well before adding it to the mixture. For the more perfect and healthy result only add egg whites and avoid yolks.
- Replace sugar with other sweeteners for healthier bread. Replace it with raisin water or honey to make your bread healthful. Do not forget to decrease the honey quantity because it is more condense then from diluted sugar.
- If using fresh dry basils, thyme, rosemary or sage then reduce the amount to half from the commercial packet ones, as they are more condensed.
How to add seeds, fruitlets and nuts to your bread?
- When baking with a bread machine there are various models that come with automatic fruit and nuts dispenser. You just have to insert the seeds and nuts and mark the timing and it will automatically add them in at the accurate time but the case differ when handling bread without a machine.
- When consuming fresh fruits the best tip is to cut them down into bits and add them while kneading dough to elude squash and evade dough to become over watery.
- When preferring dry fruits crush them and roast them a little on pan for the best aroma and enhanced taste.
- To evade dough to become watery other liquefies ingredients such as fruits and vegetables should be added accordingly. Keeping a margin! Desiccate preserved vegetables and fruit water entirely and defrost ice-covered vegetables to avoid excess water in the dough.
Other baking tips:
- Store nuts, seeds and dry fruits into refrigerator for best result.
- If you want to freeze dough for later use firstly let it cool down completely and now wrap it tightly before keeping into freezer.
- To use frozen dough keep it on kitchen temperature and let it thaw slowly. Do not microwave!
- To mollify hard broken wheat dilute it into boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Rewarm the bread by covering in a plastic bag before keeping it into oven. If you want to use microwave keep the loaf or slice in micro for 10 seconds only or it will develop rough texture that will be hard to eat.
After laying in ample amount of exertion and sweat we all deserve our efforts to bear fruit. Observing all the above essential bread baking tips it is now easy to impress and steal praises.